Current Design Work
The objective of the Current Design Work is to conduct planning, historic review, and preliminary engineering for 13 near-term improvement projects identified in the 2012 Master Plan. These efforts will be coordinated with ongoing projects and initiatives already taking place at Union Station, including the Master Developer process. The projects under the Current Design Work were chosen to address the most immediate capacity, service and safety issues within the station.
• Station Capacity Expansion Projects (S1, S2, S3, S4, and S5)
• Platform Capacity Expansion Projects (P1, P2, P3, and P4)
• Multi-Modal Connections (C1, and C2)
• Track Operation Improvements (T1)
• Retail Improvement Project (R1)